The Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Archives serves Medical Center customers and the global community by preserving, maintaining, documenting, and making available for research the permanent records of the functions of the DUMC and Duke University Health System (DUHS), including health care delivery methodology, research, education and training.
To this end, the Medical Center Archives will:
- Collect, appraise, organize and preserve records of enduring value in all formats as created by administrators, faculty, student, and alumni organizations,
- Support research and teaching by making collections available and encouraging their use by the DUMC/DUHS community and the public,
- Provide information services which support DUMC/DUHS administrators in performance of their duties,
- Promote knowledge and understanding of the history, programs and goals of DUMC/DUHS, and
- Collect, preserve, and provide access to oral histories and professional papers documenting the history of the DUMC/DUHS community.